UNC Health Care ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (PER DIEM) - OUTPATIENT FLOAT POOL in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (PER DIEM) - OUTPATIENT FLOAT POOL
Job ID: TEM00067
ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (PER DIEM) - OUTPATIENT FLOAT POOL-TEM00067
Seeking high motivated individual to join outpatient float pool to perform surgical scheduling. It is a per diem position that supports outpatient clinics and services on the main hospital campus in Chapel Hill and in clinics in the community. This individual is responsible for coordinating the admission and scheduling of patient surgical procedures, and works closely with the clinical staff to assure appropriate protocols are followed for pre-operative testing. This individual is accountable to collect accurate demographic and insurance information and communicate with hospital departments and physician offices concerning patient’s schedules and registration information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working collaboratively with physician office, patient, clinics, and internal departments to timely schedule patient for surgical procedure.
• Reviewing surgery schedule and coordinating with Admitting and Pre-Op to set appointment for pre-admission testing and surgery.
• Calling patient and confirming dates of pre-op and surgery; responds to questions or issues that arise prior to patient’s admission to assure that patient experiences positive outcomes during his/her admission.
• Preparing/updating surgery schedule; ensuring all conflicts, issues, etc. are addressed timely with the clinical team.
• Excellent customer service a must! Bilingual ability preferred.
High School diploma or GED
Five (5) years of administrative support experience of increasing variety and/or complexity.
If Bachelor's degree, one (1) year of administrative support experience of increasing variety and/or complexity
If Associate's degree, three (3) years of administrative support experience of increasing variety and/or complexity.
Primary LocationUnited States-North Carolina-Chapel Hill
DepartmentP-3100-UNCFP Administrative Support