Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Principal Systems Administrator - Enterprise Applications (663580) in Lafayette, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Principal Systems Administrator - Enterprise Applications
What You'll Do
- Support Agile Product Data Management (PDM) and Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. (BATC) developed enterprise applications used to enable support for program execution activities in multiple environments including classified areas.
- Provide user support for critical engineering application: Agile PDM and several supporting applications across all production environments (classified and non-classified).
- Troubleshoot technical issues associated with the Agile PDM.
- Support data migrations across multiple environments.
- Make configuration updates to enable new capabilities.
- Support standing up engineering tools in new environments.
- Capture user change request suggestions and propose/configure solutions that meets their needs.
- Troubleshoot technical issues associated with these integrated systems including operating systems, Server applications/features, supporting applications, databases, and User interfaces.
- Work with internal users of these applications to understand functionality needs, configure the system to provide requested functionality and provide second level users support as needed.
- Support new ITS projects to develop new capabilities that involve these applications, work closely with ITS software developers to design/develop/deploy new enhancements and interfaces, configure data access controls.
- Support the deployment of new instances of these applications inside classified areas.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance.
- Customer service orientation, excellent communication and listening skills, organizational skills, ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team, be self-motivated, detail oriented etc.
- Software Development and System Administration experience working with SQL, Java, C#, Tomcat, Wildfly, PowerShell, WebLogic, Web services or APIs, REST services, XML, JSON are a plus.
- App server, services deployment experience.
- Experience using Agile (PDM) or related systems is preferred.
- Customer service, excellent communication and listening skills, organized, demonstrated ability to work with a cross-functional team, self-motivated, detail oriented.
- Familiarity with A&D; industry, configuration and data management processes and processes supporting manufacturing of complex products.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Principal Systems Administrator - Enterprise Applications (663580)
Job ID: 663580
Location: CO – Lafayette
Full/Part Time: Full-Time