Regional Municipality of Peel Adult Day Support Worker in Mississauga, Ontario
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service excellence, transparency in decision-making and responsible tax management, the Region delivers a wide range of municipal services that are customer-focused and cost-effective.
The Region of Peel has recently completed a Strategic Planning process that engaged our residents and stakeholders to answer one question: “What can you imagine for the future of Peel?” All the feedback received formed the path forward and the strategic direction for the Region over the next 20 years.
To learn more about the Region of Peel please visit our website or watch the Faces of Peel video to see how our employees impact the residents of Peel.
Sheridan Villa LTC is looking for an Adult Day Support Worker that brings passion and care to the work they do so why not choose a rewarding career with The Region of Peel's Long Term Care?
What's an Absolute Requirement? Availability! Please check out our hours of work below to see if this is the right fit for you...
We have a variety of different work shifts that are appealing to those looking for part-time work We are looking for candidates who are available to work a variety of the following shifts along with every other weekend and holidays.
Adult Day Support Worker (Part-time)
Sheridan Villa LTC (QEW & Erin Mills Prkwy area)
Health Services – Long Term Care
Reporting to the Adult Day and Community Services Supervisor (or designate) the Adult Day Support Worker will be responsible for the provision of personal care to clients while attending the Adult Day Service.
• All activities of daily living, eating, bathing
• Supporting restorative, health promotion/wellness initiatives as part of the interdisciplinary team
• Client centred services are offered to ensure that clients achieve maximum independence
• Provide a variety of services to meet individual needs
• Assist with the management of client medications
• Adult Day Support Worker responsibilities as per job description.
• Personal Support Worker Certificate, graduation from a program whose curriculum has been approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities is required
• Previous experience of at least one (1) year in a community setting or an Adult Day Service or Long Term Care setting is preferred
• Must have and maintain a valid CPR/First Aid Certification
• The Food Handler Training is required
• Pharmacology Certification is required
• Computer skills are required as well as other technological tools to perform routine duties
• Must be able to adapt his or her current skills and knowledge to new situations
• Effective oral and written communication skills in English, and a good understanding of customer service concepts
• Must be able to communicate appropriately with the clients, staff, visitors, volunteers and medical professionals
• Must be able to work well with others in a team setting.
Location: 2460 Truscott Drive, Mississauga (Sheridan Villa LTC)
Hours of Work: Various part-time shifts between the hours of 12:00pm -6:00pm.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
Please note: Successful candidates hired to work within any of The Region of Peel’s Long Term Care Homes are required to provide the following information prior to hire:
Vulnerable Sector Police Check
TB Skin Testing
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants who provide an email address for this posted position will receive all written correspondence with respect to this job posting directly to the email address they have provided on their application. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly to receive this correspondence..
System ID: 2018-8095
Position Type and Status: Regular Part-time
Job Industry (Choose up to 3 industries) (EN): Government and Public Sector, Healthcare and Medical Services, Long Term Care
Career Level (EN): Entry-level
Post End Date: 5/24/2018 11:59 PM
External Company Name: Regional Municipality of Peel