Express Scripts SQL Server Database Administrator - 12 month contact in Mississauga, Ontario
Express Scripts Canada is actively looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) for a 12 month contract who will work closely with Business stakeholders, Project Managers and Sr. IS Management to understand processes and business requirements and translate them into database technology solutions and oversee their implementation and maintenance.
The Sr. SQL DBA will require an individual who thinks outside of the box, to create and analyze solutions based on business value while maintaining best design/development practices, architectural policies, procedures and guidelines throughout the project lifecycle.
Furthermore, the DBA acts as a subject matter expert in Database Administration, has the ability to perform end-to-end impact analysis of source system changes, capacity planning, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Lead the database performance and capacity planning practice by defining and building the framework and standards, and delivering the related services
- Work closely with Project Managers, Software Development and Business Analysts to ensure successful delivery of multiple parallel initiatives; managing performance issues in all custom code released to production for optimal performance
- Work closely with the other team leads from Development and Business Analysis to ensure comprehensive test plans are developed and testing scripts are maintained from verbal and written business specifications and ensure that defects and fixes across prioritized systems are documented, tracked and closed in conjunction with business priorities
- Evaluate change management requests to determine optimum testing process for the degree of change being implemented; including Time & cost estimation with Impact analysis
- Aid in the support/writing of Perl, shell and PL/SQL scripts written to both monitor and maintain the database and support applications
- Define database system architecture that can be implemented uniformly across Development, QA and Production environments
- Ability to provide off-hour DB support on rotation as required
- Post-secondary education in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering
- 10+ yrs. of DBA experience with MS SQL server
- 5 yrs. experience with data architecting, large-scale data modeling, business intelligence
- Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and decision support
- Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, database design, reporting structures, etc.
- Experience in capacity planning, database systems performance and tuning
- Experience with multi-site replication and HA clustering.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Knowledge of Web Services, SQL, experience is a must
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a self-starting attitude and excellent communication skills
- Excellent at communicating across multiple levels within the organization: Management, Operations, IT, Systems Administration, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft database security management
- Excellent knowledge of MS SQL backup and recovery scenarios
- Ability to provide a strategic database direction for the organization
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools
- Hands-on Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (MS Project, MS Power Point, VISIO)
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS CANADA
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. Thank you for your interest in this position, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone calls please.
For more information about Express Scripts Canada, visit its Web site at www.express-scripts.ca .