JPMorgan Chase Corporate, Legal- Senior Administrative Assistant in New York, New York
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
JPMorgan Chase Bank (JPMC) is seeking outstanding candidates for the position of Senior Administrative Assistant to support members of the Litigation Department. The Litigation Department manages a range of litigation, pre-litigation, employment and regulatory disputes involving the Firm. This position is based in lower Manhattan.
The duties and administrative functions will require organization, attention to detail, confidentiality, sound decision-making, independent judgment and the ability to escalate serious or unique problems as appropriate.
The successful candidate will have a high level of energy and the flexibility to work in a high-paced, deadline driven organization where timely execution of high-quality work product is expected. This individual will need to work well in a team environment, and represent the attorneys he or she supports with professional courtesy and acumen.
• Maintain attorneys’ complex and detailed calendars, including coordinating with multiple parties across geographies.
• Coordinate the logistics of both internal and external meetings.
• Manage general office needs such as ordering supplies, mail distribution, and floor maintenance.
• Answer and place calls; screen incoming calls and determine the level of priority while using caution in dispensing information.
• Assist with overflow, special ad-hoc projects and day-to-day tasks.
• Produce clear and concise emails and messages to individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Arrange and coordinate complicated domestic and international travel.
• Ensure all policies and procedures are followed and items are processed within provided guidelines.
• Process invoices and T&E expense claims for attorneys.
• Assist in creating and editing Excel spreadsheets.
• Assist in creating and editing PowerPoint presentations.
• Print materials for attorneys and prepare files or binders as requested.
• Work with Legal Billing department to process invoices from law firms.
• Assist with staff onboarding and off boarding (e.g., requesting equipment setup and system access).
• Maintain current organizational charts and Executive Bios for the attorneys.
• Handle regular activities without prompting, and advise in advance of issues or delays.
• Work cooperatively with administrative assistant’s team, in positive partnership to back each other up smoothly.
• Lead and coordinate on ad hoc projects as requested.
• Associate or Bachelor’s Degree required.
• At least 5 years of administrative assistant experience.
• Strong technical PC skills, highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat).
• Strong interpersonal and organization skills, with the ability to support multiple lawyers and prioritize competing requests.
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Able to work with minimal supervision, work well individually and in teams, easily share information, problem solve and support colleagues.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure.
• Willingness and ability to learn new skills, including new technologies and systems.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.