University of Rochester Secretary III in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 Psychiatry Quality Assurance
8 AM-4:30 PM; WKENDS AS NEEDED
Under general direction and with some latitude for initiative and independent judgment, performs routine and non-routine duties requiring highly advanced secretarial skills and strong customer service skills. Is responsible for assisting and providing clerical support to Behavioral Health Clinical Risk Management Team. Administrative details and duties in regards meetings scheduling, agendas and minutes, organizing, filing, tracking cases and maintaining consistency in Quality Assurance and Risk Management paper flow. Incumbent is responsible for considerable departmental administrative details and duties requiring extensive experience with policies, procedures, and practices of the University/SMH or in other demonstrated and related equivalent situations. Provides administrative back-up support for Secretary IV in Regulatory and Billing Compliance office during peak times and need for designated alternate secretarial support.
- Provides administrative support to Level V Quality Assurance/Risk Management Nurse and Level III Utilization Review nurse. Performs secretarial duties including; assistance in preparation for QA meetings and minutes: IRC, QCC, & Safety rounds. Maintain rotation schedule for presenters. Schedules rooms and sets agendas. Formulates invitation with agenda, minutes and files.
- Acts as alternate for ROI tasks: ROI patient requests, orders to show cause which are time sensitive and court ordered, liaisons with Med Rec department ROI staff. This includes verification from providers if records are approved for release
- Assists in planning, implementation and follow up for CRMQIT meetings and tracks task completion. Uses excel to create spreadsheets for tracking various QA/UR tasks. Creates pivot tables for analysis by CRMQIT for various work products including RL solution events, NIMRS
- Assists with preparation and execution of special investigation meetings and RCA meetings and print on demand associated Quality Assurance documentation upon survey or external agency inspection.
- Attend QCC meetings to take notes, and complete minutes. Responsible for creating and dispersing the agenda, scheduling presentations and corresponding with staff related to these presentations. Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains updated QA/UR/QCC binders including agendas minutes and special investigation results minutes and produces these upon request.
- Maintains electronic filing system on psych QA share drive.
- Contact Facilities and IT as needed to submit various work unit requisition and request repairs and order new devices and services. This is completed via online request forms.
- Coordinating and ordering food for meetings and for setting up and cleaning before and after meetings.
- Coordinates Zoom meetings and telephonic conference calls as needed
- Office supply ordering
- Other duties as assigned
2 years of post-high school education required in secretarial or administrative studies, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 2 years of secretarial and practical office experience with demonstrated ability to work with limited direction and to direct the work of clerical assistants. Knowledge of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health population and department preferred. Advanced Microsoft Office skills with expertise in Excel. Ability to manage high volume copying, scanning and faxing. Ability to prioritize and multitask a must. The ability to effectively communicate with multi-disciplines and high levels of customer service to all those in the direct work unit and across department
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Secretary III
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 208514
Full/Part Time: Full-Time